Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another Sunday Afternoon

What a day! The sun is shining, my children and husband are snoring, and I am surfing the web! Sunday afternoon at its best! I used to love to nap on Sundays. We would come home from church, cook a small lunch, clean up, put the baby to bed, and hit the couch for an afternoon siesta! Now, with number 2 baby girl, not so much! Sundays now consist of a rush to heat a bottle before my little chubby girl fills my house with her hungry screeches, getting my number 1 baby girl a snack before she withers away to nothing, feeding myself and hubby, and hoping they will all nap so I can have a moment's peace. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way! I love my chubby infant, and I look forward to the few peaceful moments watching her guzzle her "mommy milk", as my older daughter calls the breast milk I pump. I love watching my oldest scarf down chicken nuggets and telling me what a good cook I am! And I love how my husband wakes himself up snoring asking me why I am not also napping. I look around the house now as they sleep, and think that my job is done. I breath a sigh of relief that they are all so happy that they can simply rest and have no worries in the world. And, after all, snoring means nobody needs fed!

1 comment:

Texasholly said...

I love a good nap. They do get harder and harder to squeeze in...